The century-old “Fangsheng Pavilion” Renovated
On the first day of year 2021, the newly-renovated “Fangsheng Pavilion” opens again.
Located on the rocks of Litou Bay on the bank of Fuyi River in Jinshi Town, Xinning county, the “Fangsheng Pavilion” was initially built in the 25th year of Shaoxing period of the Southern Song Dynasty (1155). In the Ming Dynasty, an ancient stele engraved with the word “Fangsheng” was discovered when rebuilt it, so it was named “Fangsheng Pavilion” until now. “Fangsheng” means free captive animals.
Fangsheng Pavilion before repair